Monday, February 6, 2012

Resin Casting

I wanted to show the resin castings I did Saturday night. I used the Easycast resin again and I used this to "tint" it. I thought it would be more of a pearl/opal, but it turned out to be just a clear glitter. It would look great with a color. 

 Here is a shot of what I made and the molds I used. Like I said in the previous post, I get my molds from MoldMuse by Silicone Molds on Etsy.

There are lots of great molds. I really love MoldMuse because she typically has multi-imprint molds, but I plan to buy some from other shops to check them out. And there are certain shapes I want that I have found in other shops. Just search "silicone molds" under supplies and you'll find lots. =)

 A close-up of my little hoot mold. It's hard to see the glitter, but it's there I promise. =)

Here is the pigment I used for this set. About 8 or so drops. I wanted it to be super glittery. With the color pigments, you only need to start with one drop. In my previous post, the red ones were done with one drop. They were still a little transparent. Next time, I'll do three or so.




No comments: