Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two Recipes

I have recently made two meals that I just love and they were big hits with my husband. They are both very simple, easy and delicious. I don't know where these recipes came from but I grew up eating them.

Rotel Chicken
1 can rotel tomatoes
2 chicken breasts
shredded cheddar
sour cream

Cook the chicken in a skillet (frozen or fresh) almost all the way through. Use olive oil or vegetable oil to cook them and season with pepper. Pour the can of rotel over the two breasts (don't drain juice - it helps keep the chicken moist).

Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream!

Macaburger - I added something to my mom's already yummy recipe (bell peppers)
1 lb ground beef (browned)
1 med. onion (sauteed)
1 green bell pepper (sauteed with onions)
any kind of pasta - shells or penne are perfect (cooked)
Velveeta or any kind of cheese that is good for melting
1 can diced tomatoes

cook each ingredient as directed above, combine and let the cheese melt. Season with pepper.

No comments: