This doesn't have anything to do with Etsy or felt, but I wanted to share! Our room has been a work in progress since we moved in almost two years ago. It takes time! It was the first room we painted and we didn't do much else to it after that. We have five new additions in the past few months that make me very excited.
1. We hung artwork over the bed.
I revamped these chalk drawings I did in college with some paint and ribbon edges and hung them over the bed. I love how they look!
2. We finally got curtains!
You gotta love finding the perfect curtains on SALE! Great find. One of these days we will get a curtain rod that isn't so "dinky" as I call it. This is a cheap one I had in my college apartment...and in our first apartment. =)
We got these at TJ Maxx a year ago for our spare bathroom (the boys' bathroom) because we were going to tackle it last Spring Break....yeah, it still hasn't been started. haha SO I decided to use them in our room. LOVE it. These mirrors were a great price. I think about $17 a piece. If you need a mirror check there!
We got this bench for our music room, which became the guest room and is finally our second baby's room. It needed a new home because it doesn't fit in there with the baby furniture. I love it in front of our window. It's a great place to tie your shoes. =)
5. We hung up our initials by our bedside tables.
I have wanted to do this for about a year now. At first I wanted these to be HUGE letters, but that would have been really hard to do in my dad's workshop. I drew them out on cardboard and then stenciled them onto plywood. We cut them out with a band saw, sanded them up and I slapped a coat of black paint on them. So fun!
Still to come:
Still to come:
- A new white dresser for me. We may just refinish the one I'm currently using or we may get a "new" one. If I got a new one then mine could go in Joseph's room. It's brown like his furniture.
- New bedside tables for both of us. I'm using one my dad made for me in college. It's great, but it's brown and doesn't have a drawer. Joel is using one from Target that is falling apart. I would LOVE to get mirrored side tables - SO glamorous! or we may find some to paint white. I saw these great ones at Hobby Lobby but we were unable to get them at the time. Now they don't have them. =(
- GUT our bathroom - yeah it will be a while. =) It has floral wallpaper and outdated fixtures...and there's carpet. Ugh! It needs to be totally ripped out and redone. We shall see.