I have decided to post recipes once a week. I'm not able to make crafty things and paint very often right now so I need something fun to post on my blog. I love blogs that share recipes so why not be one myself?! This is the recipe for my roast. I got the main idea from my best friend, M. Thanks M! A lot of my recipes don't have exact measurements, sorry! I invent sometimes but I never write it down. =)
Slow Cooked Roast
- 1 roast - any size really
- 1 can tomato sauce (the size of a standard can of veggies-add a small can if your roast is large)
- 3-4 bay leaves (depending on the size of your roast)
- Garlic Powder or fresh garlic - I'm usually too rushed for fresh.
- 1-2 c water
- chopped carrots, potatoes and onions - and/or any other veggie you like! Root veggies are good for a roast.
- 1 can of peas or frozen peas
Put the roast in the slow cooker. Cover with tomato sauce and 1/2-1 c water. Add bay leaves and seasonings to taste. Cook on high for about 8 hours (varies depending on the size). After about 6 or 7 hours add the chopped veggies. (By this time your house is smelling so good!) Add the peas last since they do not need to cook. If they are frozen, make sure they are heated through before serving.
Serve with rice.
I got some other great roast ideas today from a friend. I'm going to try adding one beef bouillon cube to this recipe and maybe serve it over mashed potatoes instead of rice. Obviously I would take the potatoes out of the main recipe.
I will try to have photos for the next one. =)